Monday, June 4, 2012

Disinfect your Sponges

Sponges are a great tool we all have in our kitchen.  Some people even like to have separate sponges for dishes and another one for surfaces (I think this is a great idea!).  But what happens when you just got a new sponge few days ago and starts smelling?  As great as they are to clean they might also get lots of bacteria so we need to disinfect them.

Wet your sponge and place it in your microwave for no longer than one minute (depending on how powerful your microwave is).  Then CAREFULLY take it out, it might be very hot!! and rinse.
    microwave with sponges
Do you have a special way to disinfect your sponges?  Share your ideas with us!


No comments:

Post a Comment