Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Sopa de Pollo

Cold weather calls for a good, hot soup.  It's been raining in New York and yesterday was really cold, perfect for a Sopa de Pollo (also know in South America as "Cazuela de Pollo").  I make it my own way and the way I learned it so Professional Chefs please don't judge me :)

What you need:
6 chicken legs
2-3 corn
4-6 small potatoes
1 carrot
1/4 squash
1/2 onion
1-2 garlic cloves
4-5 tb spoons elbow pasta
Cilantro
Salt
Black pepper (optional)

Direccions:

In a medium to big pot fry chopped onion, garlic and chicken legs until it gets light golden.


Add 4 cups of water.  One by one start adding carrot, potatoes, corn, salt and pepper.  Let it cook in medium for about 20-30 min.



When it starts boiling add squash and elbow pasta.  Cook it for about 10-15 more min. until everything is well cooked.

Serve hot and sprinkle chopped cilantro for flavor.  Enjoy!

Thanks for reading!

xo,
Marcela

PS: The last picture with my yummy soup on a plate mysteriously disappeared from my camera.  Will take another pic when I make more soup, which will be sooner than later :) Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Milex! Just checked your blog and loved it! :)
    Hope you have a great weekend!
    xo,
    Marcela

    ReplyDelete