Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pantry Makeover {Part I}

Hello everyone!
As I mentioned before I've been working on my pantry, you can check my previous post here.  So after some inspiration I rolled up my sleeves and got started.  

This is how my pantry looked before.... 




Seriously, how things got that bad, totally out of control!  I'm the kind of person who likes to keep things neat, how this happened!  And then it hit me, this place didn't have a system.  A place where you know where everything has to go, its own home.  We needed to know when we were running low on certain items, too!  Since it was such a mess, we weren't able to see what we really needed and ended up buying more and more snacks and cookies when we actually didn't need any more.

So first things first.  I emptied the whole thing, cleaned up every shelf and gave it a little lift by putting wall paper, which is actually contact paper I got at Home Depot




I also started my search for a home for each item in my pantry and after few tries on what containers I should get, I decided to take Jen's advice and go for the Rectangular Canister from the Container Store.

And then the fun began!  Getting rid of mid-half boxes and bags with food and placing them on my beautiful containers.

And of course label them!  I wanted to do the chalk labels but the pen I got wasn't good enough and we could barely see the letters, so I went for the printed version...











It's becoming pretty nice so far!  I can't wait to show you the final result, just a little more work and we'll be done.  Make sure you come back to see the final pictures :)

Thanks for reading!

xo,
Marcela








1 comment:

  1. Cute jars if you don't know where to put it, I have a better idea for it to have a good pantry doors having tray or layers on the back part of it, that's one thing I suggest on you if your storage room over flowing by foods.

    ReplyDelete